So, I've re-started blogging. Again....
How did we get here? Simply put I have caught myself Doom Scrolling far too often on various sites. Superficially reading headlines, up or down voting and then scrolling on. Flicking to the next short form video, quickly deciding to watch the whole thing or flick to the next. Following the next piece of media that has been suggested to me by an algorithm, not something I've chosen to consume but something that has been served to me. And I am sick of it.
Too much time spent mindlessly scrolling. Minutes and hours used to consume media that I will have little to no recollection of. Videos and articles streaming past my eyeballs with little taken in. And it all has been a one way street with an algorithm choosing what to show me next, working out how to keep me engaged for longer and certainly not for my benefit.
Why blogging? Simply because not everyone I meet day to day shares the same interest and values as myself. I want to surround myself with likeminded people who write about topics I am interested in as well as to take time to articulate things that are on my mind that may be of interest to you.
It's just my two yen, for what that's worth. Hope you find value in it and share your thoughts in return.

No comments:
Post a Comment